Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New and Old



New to Financial District is Chicago based sandwich shop, Potbelly. I was really surprised about all the hype surrounding this sandwich destination, but then I tried one of their signature sandwiches. I thought their menu was a bit lame and that New Yorkers had plenty of delis to get their sandwich fix. Turns out that Potbelly got it going on. Not only did I enjoy my sandwich, but the place is jamming everyday. A line forms around the corner nearly every weekday, so that people could enjoy a delicious sandwich at a great price. A great way to avoid waiting in line is calling and placing your order over the phone and then picking it up. I got my sandwich in ten minutes and waited on no line. Next time I go back, I want to try a milkshake and cookie as I heard people raving about them.

Recommended: "A Wreck" sandwich


An old favorite of the neighborhood is Ulysses on Stone Street. I tend to stay away from this place on the weekdays as many Wall-Streeters flock here after work. On the weekends, Ulysses offers up so good specials and its always nice to sit outside on a beautiful day. Last Sunday I met up with some old friends and enjoyed a few pitchers! Next time we might do the crab special!


No comments:

Post a Comment