Saturday, March 13, 2010

Around the neighborhood

Andrews Coffee Shop
A chain of diner-like coffee shops all over Manahattan landed in my neighborhood, right around the corner. I've ate at Andrews three times since I've moved into New York and I don't know why I keep going back because my meals are never good. Maybe its because my neighborhood is dead on the weekends when I'm hungover and craving fried food. Two out of the three times I went to Andrews I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese. Both times the sandwich was pretty shabby. They are very skimpy on the bacon, the eggs lack flavor, and the roll was stale and unappettizing. On a different occassion a friend brought me a bacon cheeseburger from there which was overcooked and definitely not worth the $10 bucks I gave him. I would have rather gone to the gastropub for a $12 Wall Street Burger that I know will be good.

I brought everyone to Andrews after my birthday and not one person liked their meal. Ed was served a strawberry milkshake which was so bad that he couldn't even look at it. It was then passed around the table where it recieved similar reviews.

Probably not going back there...i'll just order my hangover food from seamless web.



Bon Chon Chicken
Bon Chon is a new addition to the neighborhood. Bon Chon is Korean bbq which I've heard rave reviews about. I never had Korean bbq so I was pretty anxious to try it. I consulted the internet and many reviewers said to order the Soy Garlic Chicken or Spicy Soy Garlic Chicken. I did just as recommended and got half regular soy garlic and half spicy. The chicken was absolutely delicious! Crunchy fried chicken with a uniquely great flavor made Bon Chon a local neighborhood favorite. AND THEY"RE OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment