Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Asbury Park


Stella Marina Bar and Restaurant (Asbury Park, NJ)
In the past couple Asbury Park has really tried to change its image from a beaten down town to a new hip spot. Restaurants and other businesses are promising Asbury to be the next hot spot. My friend Nadine moved down to Asbury Park a year ago and fell in love with it. Not only does she love being by the beach, but she loves all the quirky hipsters that inhabit Asbury.


One beautiful day, I decided to go visit Nadine and spend the day in the neighborhood.She took me to this place Stella Marina for an early happy hour. Stella Marina was a pretty sweet spot as it was right on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean.


The bartender made me one of their specialty drinks, which including hendrix gin, cucumbers and some other light ingredients--perfect for a summer day. I ordered a pizza as well since they were running a 1/2 prize happy hour kind of thing. It was just a simple, plain pizza with basil leaves but it sure did hit the spot.


Through friends, Nadine knew the bartender so we got a round for free. The service was good and the people were all chill. I guess that happens when you work on the beach--the ocean provides some kind of tranquility.


I had a great time and would definitely go back if I was in Asbury Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment