Monday, November 14, 2011

Food Frenzy

Started the week off at my favorite pizza spot--sorry NY; my favorite pizza spot is in Neptune, NJ. Maybe because its close to the beach, maybe its because it had delicious thin-crust pizza; but either way Pete and Elda's is my favorite pizza spot. I grew up loving this place, but my love affair only grew stronger when I was able to enjoy adult beverages while dominating and XL pizza. Pete and Elda's also does a "pie eating contest" in which guest who eat a XXL pizza gets a free t-shirt. I didn't try for a t-shirt; but I do have a couple tees at home. If you are in the Asbury Park/Belmar area you should definitely stop by for a pie!



Also went to the Buttered Biscuit while I was down the shore. The Buttered Biscuit is a cozy cafe on Main Street in Bradley Beach. My friend Nadine brought me here as its one of her favorite spots. It was a solid breakfast spot if in the neighborhood. Skip on the crab cake sandwich and get breakfast--especially a biscuit (duh!)







While in NJ I stopped by Sushi Palace (in Edison) with some friends for all-you-could-eat sushi. A group of my buddies from home go every week, so I decided to join them while I was in the area. I'm always nervous about all you could eat places, but Sushi Palace was good. Granted the first round of appetizers weren't too impressive; but the sushi was awesome. We started with salads, which were tastey and then appetizers followed shortly after. Teriyaki red snappers, fried calamari, egg rolls, dumplings, and pork chops were OK, but not worth the calories in my option. Our next round consisted of fresh fish which took form in hand rolls, sushi, and sashimi. And the best part is that this place is BYO, so we took full advantage and brought both wine and beer. Great sushi spot, especially if you have a large appetite. End the meal with some ice cream! $25 a person includes tip! ---WHAAAAAAT!!!!!! Sign me up!


Back in NYC, I stopped by Schnippers-- a burger concept that just expanded its operations to 23rd street right outside Madison Square Park. The place was pretty big and kind of reminded my of an indoor Shack Shake. I smell competition! Shake Shack might be winning because Schnippers was empty! But maybe because its new? Maybe more people will dine at Schnippers when the weather is too cold to wait on line at Shake Shack. Schnippers is worth checking out though. I got the Crispy Chicken Sandwich which was crispy chicken, caramelized onions, BBQ sauce, white cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, and Schnippers sauce on ciabatta bread. I thought this sandwich was quite good and would probably go back. I would like to try a burger and shake at Schnippers to see if they are any real competition to Shake Shack.




Also stopped at Big Daddy's diner on Park Ave for a milkshake. The milkshake was OK, but the lady behind the counter was very nice. I want to try one of Schnippers shakes!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I tried the burgers & shakes at Schnipper's and thought they tasted pretty good!

    ReplyDelete