Thursday, May 3, 2012

Brunch

Awesome brunch at North End Grill. Started with a Jack Rose at the bar than made our way into the dining room. Kate picked a nice bottle of white wine to get us started while we waited on our pastries. After the pastries, we each got a main and shared the Jonnycake Benedict. Dave got the steak hash and fried eggs while Kate got the coddled egg with peekytoe crab, bacon, and grits. I didn't get to try their dishes, but they seemed pretty happy with them. I got the lobster omelet which had good flavor though my chattiness with an old coworker brought me back to cold eggs! They also sent out a side of chorizo. My favorite was the Jonnycakes!










By this time, Jason (the wine director) brought out a lovely red from the Rhone just in time for dessert. For dessert, we got one scoop of birch beer ice cream, the ecckles cake (out of curiousity), and the butterscotch pot de creme of course! The kitchen sent out this delightful chocolate pecan layer cake with their compliments! Alex Ray is definitely making a name for herself with outstanding desserts!



After finishing the wine, we moved onto espresso and scotch. A five-hour affair made me forget it was miserable outside. I put on my jacket and braved the walk home in the rain, feeling good!



No comments:

Post a Comment