Wednesday, September 26, 2012

GOOD EATS

Highlights of last week


Ventured out of Manhattan and headed to Brooklyn Heights to Colonie off of Atlantic Ave. We scored a nice corner spot at the bar and sipped on some drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. Cheese and cured meats seemed like a no brainer as family meal wore off. I also opted for the octopus which was delicious. The octopus was tender and the dish was built with subtle, beautiful flavors.





We then ventured to Dumbo to Gran Electrica which is owned by the same people who own Colonie (and the Governor). Dangerously good cucumber margaritas go down smooth whether your chilling outside in the back space or at the bar. I really liked the vibe and the food was fantastic. Beef tongue and fish tacos were awesome. I look forward to going back and trying more things on the menu.














The Growler on Stone Street proves to be some of the best food I've eaten on Stone Street. Not that the food was AMAZING, but it was definitely good. Better than the bar grub you get some Becketts or The Dubliner. The burger was solid and the beers were going down good.

Bone Marrow!






Mission Chinese
Just go and thank me later.












My cousin's bachelor party at the W hotel. BLT bar and grill private dining room for dinner and then up to the roof lounge with an awesome outside area. Quiet, more intimate on weekends and rowdy during the week.




Alidoro (Soho)
Bangin' Italian sandwiches. Get there early.


Wife's owner is usually behind the counter and could be unwelcoming; but Walter (owner) is the man. I was sitting at one of two tables in the small sandwich shop and he asked me how I was enjoying my sandwich. He ended up sitting down and we chatted for a half hour. Super nice guy with a great operation. Definitely check it out, but get there early as they close once they run out of bread.

"Ingredients are key"



Harry's Italian
Chicken Parm sandwich--oww wee

No comments:

Post a Comment