Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Clinton Street Baking Company




Clinton Street Baking Company is one of those places that you HAVE to go back to. Whether its for your original favorite or for something new that you hope will be your new favorite. On my second trip to Clinton Street, I stared blankly at the menu trying to decide if I wanted to get the Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich; which was awesome or if I should try a new dish. Stef did as she normally does and guided me towards unfamiliar food options. I ordered the Country Breakfast which came with three eggs (any style), grilled "cure 81" ham steak, hash browns, and a buttermilk biscuit. I also treated myself to a shake that HAD to be good--costing $8. The black & white shake might have actually been worth the money as it was heavenly. Clinton Street uses ice cream from The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory for all their shakes. The Country Breakfast was another good choice, but doesn't compete with the Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich (with sugar cured bacon), French Toast, or Waffle.

Stef's Southern Breakfast was pretty amazing as well. Two eegs (any style), sugar-cured bacon, cheese grits and fried green tomatoes made up these breakfast masterpiece. The sugar-cured bacon is phenominal and the cheesey grits were right on point! The fried green tomatoes were a great addition to this southern breakfast. I think I actually liked Stef's breakfast better than mine! Good thing she shared her sugar cured bacon, because thats what keeps me coming back! I'm sure you'll see another Clinton Street review soon enough. Love it...will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment