Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shake Shack


I walked into work the other day and family meal didn't seem all that appetizing so I walked over to shake shack to settle my burger craving. Part of me wanted to walk around and experience a new place, but the other part of me wanted a double shack.

As I've mentioned in earlier post, I work at Tabla on 25th and Madison so the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park is way to convenient. The line wasn't too long, despite the awful humidity sweeping the city. I might have only been waiting 15 minutes, but it seemed longer because of the heat.

Shake Shack has a pretty consistent product as the burger is always delicious. The cook their burgers medium well which is usually overcooked in my book, but the burger keeps its juiciness so I think its OK. My order was a bit messed up as they put tomatoes on it, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of that. I ordered the double shack, which I washed down with an ice cold Coca-Cola. I wanted to get a milkshake, but I didn't want to slip into a food coma right before work. I usually get the black & white shake, but I've also heard the butterscotch shake is legit.

There's really no need for an extensive review on Shake Shack--its a roadside burger concept spreading throughout the city and other parts of the country. Danny Meyer has really hit the nail on the head with this one. I believe Shake Shack has good value as the food is delicious and the price isn't too bad. A doubleshack (two cheeseburgers with special shack sauce) filled me up pretty good and only set me back $7.25--pretty good for the city.


I'm sure I'll be back at Shake Shack aslong as the lines aren't outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment