Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Treat Yourself!












































Its been a few months from my last visit to Marea and I couldn't stop thinking about the octopus and bone marrow fusilli. Being my birthday week, Genesa, fellow bartender, and myself decided to treat ourselves to a three course lunch and a bottle of their cheapest Chablis. She started with the grilled octopus; which was accompanied by smoked potatoes, pickled red onions, radish, chilies, and tonnato (creamy mayo based sauce flavored with tuna). I got the trio of crudo: seppia, pacific jack mackerel, and marinated razor clams. The seppia might have been my favorite of the three, although all were very delightful. Both antipasti were delicious and got us ready to our pasta course. For pastas, Genesa got the spaghetti with crab and sea urchin while I got the fusilli. We ordered full orders of pasta, which was probably a bit ambitious; but we managed to eat all of it (thanks to G!) For secondi, G got the creekstone farms' prime sirloin with bone marrow pazanella and braised romaine while I got the scallops. Although I didn't need more food, I thought the scallop entree was a bit small. Only three scallops made it to the plate--but I guess thats normal? The scallops were cooked nicely although they might have gone a couple seconds too long. The pearl onion agrodolce combined with caperberries and parsley root was a nice touch. House made biscotti came with my espresso while house made chocolates came with the check. An expensive, but awesome lunch! Remember you need to treat yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment