Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just Salad?

How could a quick-serve restaurant (QSR) make enough business if all they sell is JUST SALAD!? Salad is not only something that is quick and easy; but cheap--atleast thats what I thought. Just Salad is a QSR with a funky decor and a health conscious menu created by Chef Laura Pensiero.

Intrigued on how they do good business, I stopped in one afternoon and the place was jamming. Wall Streeters and other downtown workers piled in to get their daily fix of greens. I got the Thai Chicken Crunch: a salad made up of romaine, iceberg, grilled chicken, carrots,celery, and Chinese noodles. The salad tossed/chopped and dressed with a spicy Thai peanut dressing.

The salad was pretty good, but I could go next door and get a weeks worth of lettuce for what the salad cost. At $8 a salad, I can see how Just Salad has a few locations around Manhattan and Hong Kong. You could get a sandwich at the deli down the street and you might even get two meals out it. Healthy eating is more expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion.

Just Salad also has some wraps, so don't be fooled by the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment