Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Von Bar


I think its safe to say that the city is going through a classic cocktail renaissance. More and more bars are adopting cocktail programs and a speakeasy feel. Although it takes me awhile to find an unmarked bar, I enjoy this new (revisited) style bar. When will this trend get old...who knows? Von Bar, located at 3 Bleecker St, is easily missed if you're not looking for it. Its hard to talk about the crowd as fellow workers packed the downstairs for a birthday party. I heard it attracts the hipster crowd and by the feel I could definitely see it. Von Bar's downstairs hosts dance parties as the DJ plays old music videos. I'm not sure how crowded it gets on weekends, but Von Bar is a sweet spot to take over if with a larger group.


Von Bar had a nice selection of booze and a nice vibe going, so check it out for a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment